by Maxim Khabur | marzo 4, 2020
Yale analysis evaluating lift truck power, a 5G operated lift truck, and a lift truck dealer is now trading on the NYSE!
This and more industry news in this issue of UPTIME! by OneCharge.
With more motive power options available than ever before, choosing the best one for your forklift fleet isn’t easy.
Forklift dealers’ showrooms have been pretty busy lately. According to the Industrial Truck Association (ITA), sales reached a new high in 2018, the fourth consecutive year of record growth. Of the new riders and motorized hand trucks sold that year, 64 percent were battery-powered electrics, while the remaining 36 percent had internal combustion (IC) engines.
But the choice of motive power is not as simple as this «electric versus IC» breakdown might suggest. Today, there are more forklift power options available than ever before. Here’s what to consider before you make your pick.
The Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVS) Industry Group of MHI has rebranded as the Mobile Automation Group (MAG). The updated name and logo are part of a larger overall rebranding in response to the changing face of the industry. Mobile automation in supply chain continues to evolve and change, and the MAG is committed to evolving alongside it to give their customers the best solutions for their needs.
Thai mobile operator Advanced Info Service (AIS) and industrial leader SCG have begun the country’s first 5G trial, operating remote-controlled forklifts via 5G tech on the 2600-megahertz spectrum range.
March 9-12, 2020
Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center
March 17-19, 2020
The M Resort Spa and Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada
March 2-4, 2020
The Four Seasons Hotel
March 8 and 9, 2020
10-12 March 2020
18th International Trade Fair for Intralogistics Solutions and Process Management
Stuttgart Trade Fair Centre
INDUSTRIAL TRUCK MANUFACTURERS’ NEWS
This piece by Yale focuses on productivity, power source inventory, space, labor efficiency, and more.
This article by Yale focuses on run time, maintenance, operating temp, space constraints, labor availability, electrical grid dependence, and emissions.
«Yale Vision enables operations to leverage connectivity and the cloud to get the most out of lift truck batteries,» says Kevin Paramore, manager, Motive Power and Telematics, Yale Materials Handling Corporation. «This helps them keep costs under control and maximize uptime – critical keys to success as supply chains face increasing pressure to work smarter with what they have.»
MHI DEALERS’ NEWS
The proposed and previously announced acquisition of nearly all the assets of Gammon Equipment Company by Medley Material Handling Company has been completed.
Following the financial closing, Medley was appointed the Hyster and Yale authorized dealer in the portions of Kansas, Arkansas, and Missouri formerly serviced by Gammon. Medley will continue operations from all of Gammon’s branches.
Dealer group Alta Equipment Holdings has begun trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
The listing follows the merger between Alta and an affiliate of B. Riley Financial.
Before the start of trading, Alta completed its two previously announced acquisitions of Liftech Equipment Companies and FlaglerCE Holdings, and the group now operates in 43 locations across Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, New England, New York, and Florida.
Alta’s executive management team will continue to be led by Ryan Greenawalt, who will serve as the company’s chief executive officer and chairman.
Polaris has signed a dealer agreement with distribution and service partner Eastern Lift Truck for Polaris’ full line of commercial vehicles, which includes the Pro XD all-terrain utility task vehicles (UTVs), GEM street-legal, all-electric, low-speed vehicles (LSVs), and Taylor-Dunn materials handling utility vehicles, stock chasers, tow tractors, and personnel carriers.
While Eastern Lift Truck has been a Taylor-Dunn distributor for many years, the new agreement expands the dealer’s territory from approximately 60 to 100 counties in the Mid-Atlantic region.
We are happy to announce we’ll be at the industry’s most important event of the year – MODEX 2020! Spoiler alert: we’ll supercharge you!
With just a week remaining to build your schedule for the show, we invite you to plan your visit to OneCharge booth 8260, we have something special planned! Please reply directly to this email to schedule a time for your visit, or just casually walk in anytime during the show hours!
OneCharge Academy continues FREE ONLINE SEMINARS on Li-ion batteries usage tips and benefits for material handling industry. The 101 and 102 Advanced courses are 45-60 minutes sessions led by Mark D’Amato, a life-long professional in lift trucks and motive power.